Sometimes the best finishing touch is the one you don’t realize is there. That’s often the case for SturdiMount® mounting blocks, which provide a strong, smooth mounting surface for easy installation of light fixtures, vents, plugs, address plaques, and more. It’s a detail that is often overlooked but provides for a clean, finished look that makes a dramatic difference in curb appeal.
SturdiMount mounting blocks are designed to blend in, complementing exterior finishes such as fiber cement, engineered wood, brick, stone, or stucco. The blocks are pre-finished and pre-assembled for easy installation in seconds, and can be painted with 100% acrylic paint. Made of cellular PVC, SturdiMount blocks are designed to be tough while requiring little maintenance. And because they come preflashed, they help manage water intrusion where the siding meets the block.
“SturdiMount provides a nice, flat plane you can mount to that you can easily waterproof,” says Jeff Rikard, General Superintendent for Wood Partners East, who installed SturdiMount mounting blocks for porch lights, dryer vents, and back fan vents at the Steele Creek Seniors affordable seniors housing development in Charlotte, N.C. “It helps eliminate long-term maintenance issues, and I intend to use it on all our fiber cement siding projects.”
Choose from seven profile options:
• Oversized Mount: 8.5″ x 15″, generously sized for coach lights
• Receptacle Mount: 6″ x 8.5″, ideal for electrical boxes
• Universal Mount: 8.5″ x 11″, suitable for mounting standard lights and dryer vents
• Split Mount: 6″ x 8.5″, designed to accommodate water spigots, gas lines, bib lines, and doorbells
• Blanks: Designed for onsite customization, blanks are available in Universal, Oversized, and Receptacle Profiles. They have a pre-cut flange.
• Horizontal Mount: 16″ x 9-1/2″, designed for use with furnace/HVAC applications and house address plaques. The face is uncut for on-site fabrication.
• UL Receptacle Mount: 5-3/4″ x 7-1/2″, allows the electrical connection to be made over the house wrap. It is UL rated for light fixtures up to 10 pounds and provides 18 cubic inches of free space—exceeding IRC requirements.